Pet Laser Surgery in Kirkwood, MO
All surgical procedures have the option of being performed with a high-tech laser that uses CO2 gas to produce a beam of light that cuts cleaner and more precisely than a scalpel.
Pet Laser Surgery
Why Laser Surgery?
- Less pain – The CO2 laser seals nerve endings as it “cuts”, so your pet may require less anesthesia during the operation, reducing the risk of complications. Pain after surgery is also reduced.
- Less bleeding – The laser seals small blood vessels during surgery.
- Less swelling – Laser energy does not crush, tear, or bruise tissue because there is no physical contact with the tissue.
- Less Stress – to the patient due to less pain, inflammation, and bleeding.
- Less Inflammation – thus less scratching and licking at the surgical site.
- Less risk of infection – The CO2 laser sterilizes as it removes diseased tissue, killing bacteria that cause infection.
- Less Recovery Time – Quick return to normal activities – Healing is rapid, and there is less postoperative discomfort.
- Laser procedures can provide reduced trauma and less invasive surgeries for pets, improve recovery time, shorten the time spent in the veterinary hospital, and return pets to their home environment sooner.
- Greater Accuracy & Precision – The laser can remove unhealthy tissue without affecting or removing surrounding healthy tissue.
Veterinary Services in Kirkwood, MO
Pet Laboratory Testing
Pet Therapeutic Laser Treatment
Pet Pain Control
Pet Advanced Medicine
Pet Urinalysis Machine